The Play Store app in your Android tablet will be an integral part of the device because you will be using it almost every day to update your apps and to download new ones. So, what will you do if you are not able to access the Play Store of your tablet all of a sudden or if you are unable to download apps from the Play Store?
Some Android users stated that they were not able to access the Play Store at all, while others claimed that even though they could access the Play Store, they were unable to download apps from it. If you were in such a situation too, below are a few effective measures to fix common Play Store related issues on Android tablets.
Can’t Access the Play Store
- Turn on the Wi-Fi settings of your tablet and connect your device to an active internet connection. Check whether you can sign into the Play Store of your device or not.
- If you are not able to access Play Store, restart your device and try once more.
- Now, clear the Google Services Framework cache by heading over to the Settings menu of your tablet.
- When that is done, navigate to the Play Store application, and Force Stop and Clear Data of the app.
- Try to access the Play Store now. If you were still not able to do so, the next option would be to perform a factory reset of your Android tablet.
Error with Updating or Downloading Apps
- Connect your Android tablet to an active internet connection
- Select Menu from the home screen of your tablet
- Tap Settings
- Select Apps
- Now, tap the All tab on the top of your screen
- Scroll down and select Download Manager
- Tap Clear Data
- Press the back key and select Google Play Store
- Now, tap the Clear Data button
- Tap OK to delete all the saved information from your tablet
After following all the above-mentioned steps, access the Play Store in your device and check whether you are able to download apps from it or not. If you are still having troubles with the Play Store app, get in touch with an expert technician for further assistance.